The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Britannia tavern - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Britannia tavern

+5
Gold member
Gillo
C-Bert
Admin
Snowflake
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Britannia Tavern

Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Britannia tavern - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Britannia tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: Britannia tavern

Post by C-Bert Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 pm

mickyg wrote:Never posted here before as the subjects are always boring and selfishly combative. The subject of Sean's place is not so different and I read the posts with the same sadness.
(...)if you want sensible improvements, not only suggest them, but explain how they could feasibly be implemented. Moan, moan, moan is not the way forward.... Make positive suggestions, of course, if they are not heeded, or not possible, then the feet have the vote...

These two quotes, when placed side by side, appear to contradict each other in some way. It seems like, on the one hand, you're having a 'moan' about the quality of threads on this forum, and on the other, you're suggesting that people refrain from whining in favour of positive suggestions. Granted, the two quotes are referring to different things but the concept, in my opinion, should remain the same.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:16 pm

What fun would life be if we could not contradict ourselves? 
HAHA We are all crazy here... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyg Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:36 am

C-Bert, I make reference to my first sentence and ask....is this thread regarding Sean's Tavern or Karl Popper's Conjectures and Refutations? Thanks for providing more evidence to my point concerning the 'selfishly combative' part of my post though!
mickyg
mickyg

Back to top Go down

Britannia tavern - Page 3 Empty Britannia Tavern

Post by mickyg Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Snowflake

Yes, your comments are, IMHO, correct. Non-smokers should not be subjected to invasive behaviour when there is a law in place outlawing this, in a country in which they choose to reside; it is a social contract. Furthermore, for all who consider that Sean listens to nothing;who suggested quiz night - is that now happening? 'Fight Night' was suggested - is this now happening? Furthermore, I hope that the current ban on smoking inside the 'Tavern' remains intact to greet you returning from your travels. Come on everyone, make your suggestions and see what happens. Things can get better, if you want them to.
mickyg
mickyg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyg Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 am

Boon Rawd Brewry Co Ltd

Sorry this all seems strange to you.....I'm just looking at your avatar....thought you'd understand!!
mickyg
mickyg

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am

Mickyg, I know you'll probably just label this as a combative post and brush me aside, but I find your tone quite demeaning. You see, it doesn't matter if you don't like the other posts on this forum because you're not contributing positively yourself. Actually, your patent assessment of our behavior is neither fair nor entirely accurate. While a lot of what gets discussed here is trite, it's what people want, there are a large number of helpful topics as well. Take it or leave it.

Also, there's already a suggestion thread, and even an entire room for Sean's place. Do we really need another one?? People have indeed posted helpful things there yet you seem to completely ignore that fact when you label our (silly) conversations as 'not worth your time'.

So please, either get off the high horse or return to your stoic perch high up on your tower of solitude.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 am

Well, Mickyg... I will not go back there in a long time... I hope that Sean will do ok... But I am busy with my own projects and believe me, there are things in the mill... HuaNgu, mickyg is entitled to his views, but I do agree with you... (Snow and Hua agrees on something) the end of the world is coming!I guess I would not complain too much about Seans place if he the previous 7 years did not complain about filthy places in town, no service, undercooked/overcooked food, basically everything in a restaurant... Even the choice of music, level of sound... Just as I predict, the day LUDO is opened, there will be VERY CRITICAL EYES WATCHING since I have been mean on this forum about Sean... Rest assure, I welcome it, I hope that you point out the mistakes I do (I will make them) I CAN LEARN- I know nothing about running restaurants as someone else claims... Yes, quizz night and fight nights are good... Why did he listen to them? He would not have any money if he did not copy those two concepts... are they good? YES, are they proffitable? YES... so why not listen when we ask him to clean the toilet, kitchen, ashtrays, floor, tables, plates, walls, fans, chairs, well, you get it??? Not to be mean, I say this in hopes that Sean will read and do something, that way I would be able to go there and enjoy a nice steak or schnitzel (sp)... Combative, no! Constructive critic, I like to think so, I would be happy if I had a place and people commented as much as this... That means they like it and care about him and then place... BUT if noone listens, well, that means the end for his place!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:49 am

Sean,

Please add a comment about what you think, you could open a complaints thread and try and sort out the problems that way. Just my pinch of salt.
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 am

Err... as I said, there is a suggestions and complaint thread.... the Brit. Tavern room!

Suggestions and Complaints

Sean has replied to several things posted there too! I blame the moderators for their lack of organizational skills while running this site... why is there even a Britannia Tavern thread in the restaurants section?? It has a whole f'ing room.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm

I can not move whole threads... Only Admin can do that so I will talk to him next time I see him... Sorry if we annoy you all...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm not annoyed, I'm just saying you're not doing your job. Har har har...

But really, why did you start ANOTHER Britannia thread? Isn't'a whole room dedicated to the place enough?
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:46 am

It was started because Gold Member wanted a long list of restaurants under "restaurants" Did not think we would fill out this thread that long... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 pm

now is the news right??? the brit tavern had yet another REAL fight night hosted at its place again... did you know bare knuckle fighting was illegal? back home?? so when is the next one??? i suppose dog fighting is next?
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:12 am

can we bet on fights? Put me down with 100b that the small guy will hit and try to run...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3