The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Britannia tavern - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Britannia tavern

+5
Gold member
Gillo
C-Bert
Admin
Snowflake
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Britannia Tavern

Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Britannia tavern - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Britannia tavern - Page 2 Empty Re: Britannia tavern

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 am

The Doyen of Nakhon wrote:While we're on the subject of stinkin' cigarettes, What happens to all the cigarette butts that get thrown onto the road by the environmentally conscious smokers that hang out at Sean's?

The reason I ask this is because while I living in Sydney there was a crack down on smokers littering . Their cigarette butts got washed away by the rain into the strorm drains. They then got washed into the sea, and finally back onto the beaches. Not a good outcome. What happens to the cigarette butts at Sean's?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:03 am

Just this thread that get this mutch attention... Sean, you should be proud... It seems that everyone knows your place now... There are good things with Britannia Tavern AND there are bad things... Each for his own... I am not a smoker so for me to walk in there, sit down, just to have people light up infront of me while I am eating (NO THANKS)!The food there is good, I dare you to show me a place in NST city that can make better foreign food than Palm... Sure the meat might come out undercooked BUT send it back, she will happily finish it once more for you... Some things can improve, but you can say that about EVERY PLACE IN TOWN!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Yes, I have to weigh in on the smoking issue. It used to be fairly strict about smokers having to sit outside whilst lighting up. Now, it seems like there's a far more laissez fair attitude about it. It's not that difficult to walk outside is it?
Good point about the butts, too. The majority of smokers don't seem to think that filters are litter and hence you can throw them anywhere. I guess almost everyone does it, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to throw them in some sort of steel bin without setting the place on fire.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Garry Ginger wrote:you clearly have a poor grasp on the Englsh language bert.
in my post, you will see that I am referring to the posts made by you AND huagnu..... read the bit in red again.

"Clearly if I did go there I would have to share company with the likes of you and huagnu who seem very quick to jump in with the personal insults and foul language........ yet another reason NOT to go there."

I did not say soot was foul language,

I quote you
" I bet your house is not even that good. It probably smells like soot."

now read my post again.... "I would have to share company with the likes of you (...) who seem very quick to jump in with the personal insults..."

understand?

Actually, I'm still a little lost. Was my original post not blatantly facetious enough? I don't really see the point in thoroughly criticising a post that was, quite obviously, intended to be silly and irreverent. I apologise if you took this as a personal insult.

Also, it strikes me as somewhat hypocritical to begin your post with a statement that appears to be a personal insult.

No, Gary Ginger, I don't understand.

Last edited by C-Bert on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot a comma)
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Garry Ginger, you're one of the snarkiest, most inflamatory members on this forum. And if you really like to get the accusations flying, I'd suggest re-reading your first post.

I can stay at home and get cheaper beer, great steaks, and a good fight
with the wife. All thats then missing is the conversation........ but
me and the wife can just fart if I really want to listen to a bunch of
arseholes

Obviously that was meant to imply that the people who frequent Sean's place are a bunch of "arseholes". Or maybe I should just start making snide comments about your grasp on the English language.

Any way, it's funny to see how you react when the shoe's on the other side of the fence...

Have a nice day!

Britannia tavern - Page 2 22883
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm

C-Bert wrote:
Garry Ginger wrote:you clearly have a poor grasp on the Englsh language bert.
in my post, you will see that I am referring to the posts made by you AND huagnu..... read the bit in red again.

"Clearly if I did go there I would have to share company with the likes of you and huagnu who seem very quick to jump in with the personal insults and foul language........ yet another reason NOT to go there."

I did not say soot was foul language,

I quote you
" I bet your house is not even that good. It probably smells like soot."

now read my post again.... "I would have to share company with the likes of you (...) who seem very quick to jump in with the personal insults..."

understand?

Actually, I'm still a little lost. Was my original post not blatantly facetious enough? I don't really see the point in thoroughly criticising a post that was, quite obviously, intended to be silly and irreverent. I apologise if you took this as a personal insult.

Also, it strikes me as somewhat hypocritical to begin your post with a statement that appears to be a personal insult.

No, Gary Ginger, I don't understand.

Was my original post not blatantly facetious enough - Sorry, c-bert, i guess not. if you could give some kind of signal or sign next time that would help.

I don't really see the point in thoroughly criticising a post that was, quite obviously, intended to be silly and irreverent - I thought that was the whole point of this forum, there'd be no posts on here otherwise

I apologise if you took this as a personal insult. - no personal offence taken, this is a forum, what gets said on here counts for jackshit (wonder if thats caught by the 5hit filter)

"Garry Ginger, you're one of the snarkiest, most inflamatory members on this forum." well thankyou huagnu, i'll take that as a complement..... in fact, its the nicest thing anyone has said to me since snowy tried to chat me up at the mayors party last year.

any chance of uppong my reputation points again now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:22 am

I find this post amusing seeing as most contributors here are barely seen once a week at Sean's!!! Some even whinge that 7.30pm is too late a start for "Quiz Night" which has now whittled down to about a group of 6 avid supporters. It ends at 10pm for Christ sakes!!!

As for the environmental hazard of cigarette butts outside the joint....open yer feckin eyes...they have been stickin' to the soles of your feet outside every watering hole, every shitty restaurant, every sleazy den of iniquity around this hole that's called NST.

Harping on about them being outside Sean's is just confirming that the bullshit talk within Sean's is more of a hazard to your ears than the ciggie butts are to your posture outside of this watering hole!!

Good Morning to All :)
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 am

Gillo wrote:I find this post amusing seeing as most contributors here are barely seen once a week at Sean's!!! Some even whinge that 7.30pm is too late a start for "Quiz Night" which has now whittled down to about a group of 6 avid supporters. It ends at 10pm for Christ sakes!!!

As for the environmental hazard of cigarette butts outside the joint....open yer feckin eyes...they have been stickin' to the soles of your feet outside every watering hole, every shitty restaurant, every sleazy den of iniquity around this hole that's called NST.

Harping on about them being outside Sean's is just confirming that the bullshit talk within Sean's is more of a hazard to your ears than the ciggie butts are to your posture outside of this watering hole!!

Good Morning to All :)

I thought you liked Nakhon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 am

About as much as you like company!!!
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

Gillo wrote:

That's like saying: None of my neighbours' houses are painted, so why should I paint mine?'. Or, more appropriately, because the other bars have loud, obnoxious music, I should have some too.
Are we not allowed to strive for anything better because most of what is around us is sub-standard?

Last edited by C-Bert on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to make any sense)
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 am

Standards, better or worse, all people who run a business are allowed to aim for one... Not arguing about that here... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Does a house that's not lived in get improvements without being inhabited????

Is a farang watering hole (which farangs said would be a good thing!!) able to improve things when the majority of the farangs aren't even visiting the joint??????

Stand up, shut up, and TURN UP there if you are, as you say, "striving for something better"!!

Bring Ernie if needs be.
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Ernie, the milkman?

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm

A watering hole is what many people wanted, but so was the Ford Edsel (look it up if you dont know)... 

Sure a place to meet up is nice, so why do people not come there? Sean, time for you to give some input here? Grow a spine and tell us, why should we come? Why should we spend our hard (ok, not so hard) earned money at your place? Clearly a few people thinks not so good about your place.. 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Gillo wrote:About as much as you like company!!!

Just yours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Back to the topic here... No lovers quarrel please...Talk more about the tavern... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Gillo wrote:Does a house that's not lived in get improvements without being inhabited????

Is a farang watering hole (which farangs said would be a good thing!!) able to improve things when the majority of the farangs aren't even visiting the joint??????

Stand up, shut up, and TURN UP there if you are, as you say, "striving for something better"!!

Bring Ernie if needs be.

Mmmm...feisty! I count 10 question marks, 1 set of quotation marks, 2 exclamation marks and (gosh!) a Sesame Street reference. Good Job, Big Bird. You may have just taught me a lesson.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by james634 Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 pm

I think most people will not answer the question honestly. I myself have some thoughts, but will keep them to myself.
It may be better to have an anonymous way to tell Shaun what people really think.
james634
james634
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:53 pm

I honestly think that Sean will not listen to what we have to say... I think we have said it before to him many times... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

I have already said that the food is over priced and the quality isn't that great. Beers are always cold and I get to blow smoke on those selfish fu&king non-smokers...... Sit outside if it's too smokey inside.
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 pm

BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD wrote:I have already said that the food is over priced and the quality isn't that great. Beers are always cold and I get to blow smoke on those selfish fu&king non-smokers...... Sit outside if it's too smokey inside.

You tell 'um Ginge .....er.... Boon RAWR!

I honestly don't think the food is over-priced. Do you ave a frame of reference here or is this simply more piss and vitriol? Or maybe you're just Scottis... oh....

Seems to me, a schitty "Thai" burger at any farang joint on Samui will be at least 150B and chances are it'll be pretty schitty, indeed. His chilli is good, the steak is very good and there are several other dishes I happily order again and again. Never once have I felt over-charged.

But by all means, please keep up the complaints.... more fun to read than praise, isn't it? :D

Britannia tavern - Page 2 22883
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Okay okay, I must admit I haven't eaten there for a while... so i can't really comment on the food. All I am comparing is the quality I can make at home.
Is it worth cooking at home?? well that is another topic to raise. Going out of a good or okay steak and not having to worry about buying the food, cooking it and then washing the dishes.... yes, well worth pay 150 baht for a steak!!
Next time I find my way out of this fu*king jungle I will pop in and sample the food.
Keep up the smoking and if you're a non-smoker!! shut the fu*k up and get on with it Britannia tavern - Page 2 22883
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Britannia tavern - Page 2 Empty Britannia Tavern

Post by mickyg Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 am

Never posted here before as the subjects are always boring and selfishly combative. The subject of Sean's place is not so different and I read the posts with the same sadness. People complaining about cigarette butts (how environmentally aware are the discarders?) So is it only when they go to Sean's that their ethics go awry? I accept that cigarette filters take a very long time to degrade, but the ones outside Sean's don't take longer... does putting them in some stainless steel bin impact the larger picture... wow, that's a new one on me! Where do they go from there?

'Guest' talked of getting cheaper beer, snacks, etc., and quite correctly mentioned 'each to their own'. Hmmh, there was a couple of mentions of the wife and fighting there 'guest', I suspect that not venturing further than outside your house could be a tactic not altogether of your free will, i.e. not of your 'own'.

Sean's 'Tavern' is a fledgling business, if you want sensible improvements, not only suggest them, but explain how they could feasibly be implemented. Moan, moan, moan is not the way forward for this (as yet) unrivalled 'farang watering-hole'. Make positive suggestions, of course, if they are not heeded, or not possible, then the feet have the vote....or maybe open an alternative venue yourself and see the crowds come flocking.

Sure, you know best
mickyg
mickyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Mickyg, 
So, that was a nice and constructive post... Keep that up... 
First of all, I do not care about the people who smoke outside his place, really don't, but when you are in a "family" (Sean's description) restaurant and you are trying too eat... People lighting up infront of you, not good... ESPECIALLY since there is a NO SMOKING law in Thailand... And YES more and more places are enforcing that law... Just pop down to Casanova, they manage it very well... 
If you are a smoker, you will not understand... I am not so I  can smell it... The second part with the smoking is that Sean NEVER EVER empties the ash trays on the table... If he kept them clean it would not be so bad...

I have several times told Sean in private that he have to clean more in that place... I can smell old beer and fags from outside the place...
If anyone opened up a competitive place...  Ohhh wait... There is a rumor that a few people are thinking about it now... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 am

mickyg wrote:Never posted here before as the subjects are always boring and selfishly combative. The subject of Sean's place is not so different and I read the posts with the same sadness. People complaining about cigarette butts (how environmentally aware are the discarders?) So is it only when they go to Sean's that their ethics go awry? I accept that cigarette filters take a very long time to degrade, but the ones outside Sean's don't take longer... does putting them in some stainless steel bin impact the larger picture... wow, that's a new one on me! Where do they go from there?

'Guest' talked of getting cheaper beer, snacks, etc., and quite correctly mentioned 'each to their own'. Hmmh, there was a couple of mentions of the wife and fighting there 'guest', I suspect that not venturing further than outside your house could be a tactic not altogether of your free will, i.e. not of your 'own'.

Sean's 'Tavern' is a fledgling business, if you want sensible improvements, not only suggest them, but explain how they could feasibly be implemented. Moan, moan, moan is not the way forward for this (as yet) unrivalled 'farang watering-hole'. Make positive suggestions, of course, if they are not heeded, or not possible, then the feet have the vote....or maybe open an alternative venue yourself and see the crowds come flocking.

Sure, you know best

So why have you decided to post now? seems a tad strange to me....
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next