The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Suggestions or Complaints

+6
Norris McWhirter
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
nakhonsi sean
Snowflake
HuaNgu
Admin
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions or Complaints

Post by Norris McWhirter Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:39 am

Many thanks for the grinder tip - it is a right pain pummelling the pestle and mortar all the time...
Norris McWhirter
Norris McWhirter
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I really fancy beans and liver,
Do you deliver? (pause)
Beans and Liver?
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Only one pause.... I didn't think you were into the whole brevity thing. You feelin' ok?
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:59 am

Well I suggested that they get more hot chicks and they did! So perhaps if I make another one, that'll happen too!

- Get a sign
- A few more hot chicks
- Some pictures would help
- Even more hot chicks
- Expand the menu a little
- Make a Thai menu

And them's the breaks!
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Freebird Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Hot chicks?? Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 79942
Freebird
Freebird
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Pictures of hot chicks?
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 am

The steaks are the Tavern are really, really good! the portion is great, the sides are good and the price is right. The problem is this: The cooking isn't consistent or accurate. While I personally like a medium rare steak, many folks, esp. Thais do not. You need to be able to cook a steak as ordered. I knew you guys go light on the heat, so last night I ordered a medium steak and most of it was still medium-rare to very rare. The medium rare parts were fine, but no so much the very rare bits.

Mind you, I mention this because I love your steak and want to order it again and again! I'd just like to be sure I'm gonna get a steak that's cooked consistently and to my order.

I know you guys are still ironing out some wrinkles and that's fine. Maybe a digital meat thermometer would be helpful?

Cheers!
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by nakhonsi sean Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:38 am

HuaNgu wrote:The steaks are the Tavern are really, really good! the portion is great, the sides are good and the price is right. The problem is this: The cooking isn't consistent or accurate. While I personally like a medium rare steak, many folks, esp. Thais do not. You need to be able to cook a steak as ordered. I knew you guys go light on the heat, so last night I ordered a medium steak and most of it was still medium-rare to very rare. The medium rare parts were fine, but no so much the very rare bits.

Mind you, I mention this because I love your steak and want to order it again and again! I'd just like to be sure I'm gonna get a steak that's cooked consistently and to my order.

I know you guys are still ironing out some wrinkles and that's fine. Maybe a digital meat thermometer would be helpful?

Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know, I'll get the kitchen on to it.
nakhonsi sean
nakhonsi sean
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 am

nakhonsi sean wrote:
HuaNgu wrote:The steaks are the Tavern are really, really good! the portion is great, the sides are good and the price is right. The problem is this: The cooking isn't consistent or accurate. While I personally like a medium rare steak, many folks, esp. Thais do not. You need to be able to cook a steak as ordered. I knew you guys go light on the heat, so last night I ordered a medium steak and most of it was still medium-rare to very rare. The medium rare parts were fine, but no so much the very rare bits.

Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know, I'll get the kitchen on to it.

I agree with snake man, but Sean, you do whip out some good jokes once in a while...
Personally I do love the schintzel there. I do prefer it as take away - taste better at home but I do wish I would get a plastic bag to carry the darn thing with me.
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:44 pm

The quality of food?

Friday evening I had the not so fun pleasure of being alone at home. I had plans to travel to Phuket, but they were changed due to some stupidity that I was the cause of. I went to Surat Thani to fix it.

When I came home in the evening I found out that my friends were out and no one thought about inviting me, I had to dine alone. Not a big problem when I know that up front, then I can buy in some stuff to cook. No preparation – eating alone is a big problem, it is just boring and I don’t like to cook with leftovers.

What did I do? Well, I went up to Britannia Tavern to grab some bangers and mash (I had a craving for mash). I came, I ordered and I waited. After about 25 min, not too long, the food arrived.

That must have been the saddest sight my eyes have laid their rest on for a long time. On the plate I had a small portion with mash, guess not more than two scoops, half of what they guy opposite me got, and two tiny sausage looking things. They were about 1 in radius and 6 cm long.

Being the fat hungry person I can be, I dived in and hoped that it would follow the same standards of flavor I have gotten used to, from good till very well! Nope, no chance in hell for that to happen, the sausages were extremely dry and I found myself happy that they were not bigger.

The mash looked much better than last time so I shrugged the sausages off and dived in. Jesus almighty, that was a foul mash, I thought it reminded me about some glue I had to eat a while back.

I finished the meal quickly and I hoped that no one could notice that I was getting sick of the food.

Thanked Sean for the food and decided to leave.

My question is this, has anyone noticed that the portions are getting smaller, but the price is going up? Get real Sean, people will leave your place if you don’t keep coming back for more.
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 am

Well Snowflake, I enjoyed Subway, BurgerKing and an Indian over the weekend ...... all of which were very nice ... if a bit on the dear side.

Dindins
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 pm

I will have that this weekend!!! For free!!! And so will you...

Hope you enjoyed the trip and nice to have you back!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Snowflake wrote:The quality of food?

Friday evening I had the not so fun pleasure of being alone at home. I had plans to travel to Phuket, but they were changed due to some stupidity that I was the cause of. I went to Surat Thani to fix it.

When I came home in the evening I found out that my friends were out and no one thought about inviting me, I had to dine alone. Not a big problem when I know that up front, then I can buy in some stuff to cook. No preparation – eating alone is a big problem, it is just boring and I don’t like to cook with leftovers.

What did I do? Well, I went up to Britannia Tavern to grab some bangers and mash (I had a craving for mash). I came, I ordered and I waited. After about 25 min, not too long, the food arrived.

That must have been the saddest sight my eyes have laid their rest on for a long time. On the plate I had a small portion with mash, guess not more than two scoops, half of what they guy opposite me got, and two tiny sausage looking things. They were about 1 in radius and 6 cm long.

Being the fat hungry person I can be, I dived in and hoped that it would follow the same standards of flavor I have gotten used to, from good till very well! Nope, no chance in hell for that to happen, the sausages were extremely dry and I found myself happy that they were not bigger.

The mash looked much better than last time so I shrugged the sausages off and dived in. Jesus almighty, that was a foul mash, I thought it reminded me about some glue I had to eat a while back.

I finished the meal quickly and I hoped that no one could notice that I was getting sick of the food.

Thanked Sean for the food and decided to leave.

My question is this, has anyone noticed that the portions are getting smaller, but the price is going up? Get real Sean, people will leave your place if you don’t keep coming back for more.

I wonder if Sean ever look at this thread, if not, why even bother to have it? He should try to respond to "ALL" the posts should he not?

Ps, I have now found 2 new steak houses in NST which are both better and cheaper than his place. He should try to take better care of his "crowd"... I am not that loyal to his restaurant!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:48 pm

So where are they and what are the names?
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

HuaNgu wrote:So where are they and what are the names?

..... and a deathly silence fell upon the forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 am

[quote="Snowflake"]

Ps, I have now found 2 new steak houses in NST which are both better and cheaper than his place. He should try to take better care of his "crowd"... I am not that loyal to his restaurant!!!

You've found 2 places that have better and cheaper steak than Sean's? Where?
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by nakhonsi sean Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:09 pm

[quote="Snowflake"]

I wonder if Sean ever look at this thread, if not, why even bother to have it? He should try to respond to "ALL" the posts should he not?

A new batch of much larger bangers has been made. I'll eat the old ones myself! The mash I can't comment on except to say that we will try improve it. Everyone seems to like mash differently, we can and have given the same mash to two people only for one to say he does not like it and the other to say it's good.
nakhonsi sean
nakhonsi sean
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am

You need a more consistent supplier ;)

Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 Queer_10
Ron
Ron
Punk
Punk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 am

Ron wrote:You need a more consistent supplier ;)

Suggestions or Complaints - Page 2 Queer_10

Ron! You've been on fire these past couple of days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, they are not in the middle of the town, you have to drive for about 12KM but it is worth it...

I am not quite sure about the name but drive towards Ramkangheng (SP) and look at your right hand side just before you reach the university.

If you get to the university, you have gone too far, u-turn and go back towards town, (it will now be on your left hand side)...

The other one I am keeping secret for now... But let me just say that I spent 130B for a nice pork chop with the toppings, coke was only 15B and I had to wait... 8 minutes... (it was so quick)...
(now, there were quite a few people there so the service was very good)...

Good luck and enjoy your food and the friendly staff there...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm

What a helpful post, Snowflake! Thank you so much!
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 am

Why not have a special night for all those who are new to Nakhon. It can't be too difficult to arrange (a few phone calls) and it'll give a chance for everyone to meet all the noobies and oldies - and at the same time create a nice social evening - and get you some business.

Just an idea.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by nakhonsi sean Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 am

Admin wrote:Why not have a special night for all those who are new to Nakhon. It can't be too difficult to arrange (a few phone calls) and it'll give a chance for everyone to meet all the noobies and oldies - and at the same time create a nice social evening - and get you some business.

Just an idea.

Coffeewhacko

Good idea, I'll try to organise something.
nakhonsi sean
nakhonsi sean
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapyMule Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

If you brought in a pinball machine, I'd be at the Brittania daily. I know it probably wasn't on the yearly budget, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 pm

SoapyMule wrote:If you brought in a pinball machine, I'd be at the Brittania daily. I know it probably wasn't on the yearly budget, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

They are not manufactured here and thus have to be imported making them expensive. There are a few places in BKK that have them but I think if you want to see one in the Britannia, you'll be in for a fair old wait.

Nerd
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next