The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
New Honda PCX EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
New Honda PCX EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
New Honda PCX EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

New Honda PCX

3 posters

Go down

New Honda PCX Empty New Honda PCX

Post by Admin Fri May 21, 2010 9:55 am

Well, I bought a new motorbike the other day, a Honda PCX. A couple of my friends have one each already and they are quite (in my eyes) nice. I had ridden one for a short distance before buying mine and now after having mine for a few days, I'm very happy with it indeed.

It has been voted Thailand bike of the year 2010 and with its idle stop function, remote alarm and general styling, I think it is deserves that title here.

Check them out.

Bike
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

New Honda PCX Empty Re: New Honda PCX

Post by Snowflake Fri May 21, 2010 10:01 am

I have had mine for a little over 1 month now... I still love it... 
I have modified it a bit... desperate to get rid of the brown colour... (not a big fan of that)... I am waiting for my new gas shocks, I have modified the seat and some parts of the fairing... I have also put on a carry box, which in my eyes looks good and are practical at the same time... 
It might not have the top speed as the Nouvo has, but it is way more comfortable than any other small bike I have ridden here in Thailand...PCX = Personal Comfort Xaloon... (go figure)...
I have done over 3300Km so far, and it is just getting better and better...Feels like a big bike (apart from the speed)..
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 2:26 pm

A couple of my friends have one each already and they are quite (in my eyes) nice
Your friends or their bikes?

"idle stop function" Admin?
Does that mean you'll have to do some work in future?

From my understanding, the idle stop function is just to ensure the bike ticks over at the currect speed. A redundant device if you have the carbs set up correctly.

"A Remote alarm" - What, the alarm is not fitted to the bike? So when your bike gets pinched, and alarm goes off somewhere else? Thats just madness.

Fancy words to rebrand old technology. Its all nuts and bolts at the end of the day. As long as it gets you where you want, thats the main thing.

Did you know?
If you look in the medical dictionary for "Motorcycle Riders" is says "See Organ Donors"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Sat May 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Ok, let me correct a few things there...

The 'idle stop function' is to save fuel while waiting for green lights (intersections). The engine will cut off and when you twist the throttle, it fires up again in less than 1/2 sec, very practical and enviromentaly friendly.

I think that the PCX has no carbs, it is injected, honda stopped selling carburetted bikes this year to meet EU standards...

The alarm is on the bike, but we got a remote control to switch it on and turn it off...

Ps, if you looked in the dictionary there is anothe sentece under 'organ donors' it reads 'admins brain will be donated to a science center' to discover the damage of a lifetime with singha...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 1:39 pm

i stand corrected then Mr Snowflake. The system I was refering to was to control the idle speed using a solenoid.
Be interesting to see how much fuel that systems saves as most fuel is usually wasted starting up the engine (but thats another discussion).
How is that powered, by the battery? Thats some load on the battery if you keep starting and stopping....... ooooh too much, my head is hurting.

Fuel injected bikes! what next? The carb systems were good because you could strap a mini gas can to the intake and fire gas straight into the cylinder. Makes the bike go like a rocket...... well, for a short time anyway.

Aaaah remote CONTROL alarm, thats not what Admin was advertising. Does that alarm still work if a few guys pick up the bike and lift it onto the back of a pickup?

RE Admins brain..... It has already been preserved in alcohol for furture medical study...... they are still working on a microscope powerful enough to view it though New Honda PCX 307526
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

HAHA that last comment there had me...
The alarm is motion sensitive, so if you turn on the alarm and the angle of the bike change, it will set off... quite good if I may say... but it would not stop anyone from stealing it, if they really wanted...
Funny you should ask about the fuel economy.... Yesterday I went for a drive with my biatch... He rode his Yamaha Nouvo, I drove my PCX, ok, his bike is 3 years old and mine is brand new...At the end of our ride, NST-Songkla-Had Yai- and back totaling about 400Km... I spent roughly 70B less in fuel than him... Not much different if you ask me, I would not buy the bike for fuel saving, I got it because I have a rather large butt...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 11:31 am

I had a bolt on alarm like that back in my biker days - it bolted on behind the number plate (simple mercury switch device).
So, it is possible to pick up the bike and move it without triggering the alarm (just tilt the bike over away from the vertical).

I wouldn't expect a motorbike to burn that much fuel on tick over anyway (unless you like to start it and leave it ticking over for hours on end), more of a sales gimmik me thinks.

I should get the wife one of those bikes as she has a very big ar5ehole.......... its called "a husband"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon May 24, 2010 1:36 pm

if the bike shakes or moves away fro its position while the alarm goes off... would like to see the two people who can lift it without setting the alarm off...

Alarms on bikes has advanced alot over the last few years...

Ps.. If you buy one of these bikes to save petrol, you must be stupid...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Are you laying down a challenge Snowflake?
Make a good alternate to quiz night..... ok, Thursday night, 6:30 is "Who can pinch Snowflakes bike?" night.
It'll be like an adult version of "Operation"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Snowy forgot to mention.. he has 10 more cc than me ,, so my bike has to work harder..... i have an older nouvo 115cc ... it has been modified for comfort.. so i do not get saddle sore... we were doing about 90 on the way back from hat yai.. the new nouvo is a 135cc .. which is faster ... i have to saythough ,, i have and am happy with the nouvo .. they are good strong bikes ...... but in the end it can be your choice .. both have things you like and dislike .. ,, but the PCX .. ONLY COME IN 4 COLOURS ,, with brown plastic .. which i dislike alot ... ... so there you have it folks ...
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down