The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Phuket anyone EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Phuket anyone EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Phuket anyone EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Phuket anyone

2 posters

Go down

Phuket anyone Empty Phuket anyone

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 am

I have to go to Phuket either this afternoon or tomorrow morning sometime. I will be returning to Nakhon Sunday afternoon and was wondering if anyone fancies a night or two over in Phuket. No idea where I will be staying, probably Patong somewhere. Let me know if you're interested.

Phuket anyone 522487
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Phuket anyone Empty Re: Phuket anyone

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:46 pm

sounds nice...... can you post your address too so i can send a van round to clear the place out? If you could also let us know what time will you be back on Sunday, that would be great.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Garry Ginger wrote:sounds nice...... can you post your address too so i can send a van round to clear the place out? If you could also let us know what time will you be back on Sunday, that would be great.

Not much left! Hairpull
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:59 am

Well, returned yesterday from a weekend on Phuket. It's changed immensely from when I first set foot there and over the last few years with development creeping into what looks like every corner of the island. Anyway, I stayed 2 nights, 1 in Patong and 1 in Karon as a weekend away and also that I was supposed to be meeting someone there (long story).

Patong: The beach was packed during the daytime with what looked like pretty much every square inch of sand occupied by someone, a deckchair or a (now insured) jet-ski! It was hot, very hot and as I don't really like beaches didn't spend too much time there at all. I walked, people watched and when I got to hot would make a diversion into some air-conditioned shop to cool down.

Karon: A long beautiful beach which has unfortunately taken many lives during the off-season due to its strong under currents. Anyway, this time of year it was busy with many people swimming and doing all kinds of water activities. Karon seems to have a much more laid back atmosphere but for me I found it just a tad boring.

The evenings are something else with Soi Bangla (the main soi) absolutely packed by 11pm with all kinds of different human beings walking around. There were a lot of couple and a lot of, what looked to me like very young couples (late teens/early 20s) walking around wide-eyed.

Prices in Phuket are high compared to Nakhon, more so now as the high season is under-way. Having said that decent prices can be found if you look around. I was in a bar that wanted B90/small bottle Singha, next door the same bottle was B55 and next door to that a small Singha was B150! Look around! The same goes for food. There are plenty of cheap local food outlets as well as the more expensive western fast food joints and of course all the international restaurants that Phuket is well known for.

I could write more, but ..... I'm lazy and I have work to do. If you haven't been to Phuket, go. It is/can be nice but if it's a deserted beach you are after, keep well away from the main tourist places.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 pm

So, could you name a hotel? Price to stay one night? How to get from the bus station to the beach? How large is Phuket? What else is there to do in the evening than Bangla?

Did you go to Suzi Wongs? I love those crazy girls, they make me laugh till I cry... Best fun in Thailand!!! BEST!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Snowflake wrote:
So, could you name a hotel? Nope, my little place ... don't want the riff raff entering!

Price to stay one night? Negotiating skills.

How to get from the bus station to the beach? Cheezy

How large is Phuket? Dunno.

What else is there to do in the evening than Bangla? Plenty! Huge variety of restaurants, a couple of shopping centres, people watching on the beach etc etc ..... All boring though! Bangla is way better fun.

Did you go to Suzi Wongs? I love those crazy girls, they make me laugh till I cry... Best fun in Thailand!!! BEST!!! No, it's a dump. Been once and that was one time too many. Sleazy dump.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down