The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Windows 7, whaddya think/know? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Windows 7, whaddya think/know?

5 posters

Go down

Windows 7, whaddya think/know? Empty Windows 7, whaddya think/know?

Post by Admin Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 am

Windows recently launched '7', their new operating system. Now, I am still using 'XP' and never got around to using Vista. Do they release these systems too often just to cash in from all of those who want the latest software?

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Windows 7, whaddya think/know? Empty Re: Windows 7, whaddya think/know?

Post by Admin Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Nobody seen it/tried it?

Mafia
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by partiallyfrozenwatergaye Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:08 pm

I have seen it and used it and it is much much much much better than vista, but vista was really bad so that is not really a compliment.
partiallyfrozenwatergaye
partiallyfrozenwatergaye
Punk
Punk

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:09 pm

I've heard nothing but good things about it. It seems like genuine improvement on Vista and XP and not just cashing in on the latest OS.
That being said, why would you run a windows system that you have to pay for or get a non-genuine copy of when you get a great, genuine linux system for free?
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

I am thinking of installing it on my computer... should or should not... What do you guys think... Will it make my computer better? What is the real difference from XP? (I never made the jump to Vista).
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 pm

First of all, before upgrading to Win 7 you should make sure your computer can handle it easily. It needs at least 2Gb of ram and a decent video card, if you don't have these as a minimum, you'll regret the upgrade. There's no point in updating your OS if you can't even take advantage of the improvements.

I have been running Win 7 for about 3 weeks on my home computer and I find it far more usable than anything MS has ever produced. It's certainly more stable and more attractive than any past rendition of the windows platform. That said, it's not without its problems (just like any OS, I suppose). One considerable issue, esp. for previous XP users, id there is a significant learning curve. Preferences, interface and some functionality have had a serious overhaul. Just take a look at the "new" control panel, you won't see the old "Add/Remove Programs" icon high up in the "a's". You'll need to look a bit further down for "Programs"... which is a far more logical name, but it's a perfect example of Win 7 breaking standards that have been in place for over 14 years.

If you're looking for a new computer, I can highly recommend it. If you're updating a computer that was bought more than 2 - 3 years ago, forget it.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I got red for that post? Cool!

Try this one on for size!

Windows, as a whole, is a huge piece of spaghetti code-crap! Generally speaking it is the sole source of issues in the IT world, and that's not only due to it being the dominant OS in the world today. It's because of the very nature of the system (in particular the dll's), it's prone to viruses and other major security issues. One of Windows strengths is also one of its biggest weaknesses - it's built to support hardware and software that was developed AGES ago and for that reason it's MUCH larger and FAR LESS efficient than a nice, stream-lined and hardware-optimized OS, like Snow Leopard.

There are good reasons to use Windows, despite it being one of the worst options available for a personal computer today. For instance, it's the number one choice for games. Unfortunately, due to the stranglehold Windows has on the market, game developers don't put a lot of time or money into making games for Mac or Linux. Another valid reason to use Windows is... you have to. If your employer insists that you use Windows, you have my pity, but the only up-side is that OS virtualization has gotten very good. So, run your windows inside a better OS, that'll show 'em!

There are absolutely no other reasons to use Windows.

PS - these are not opinions but facts and therefore NOT debatable.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks Hua,

I was thinking of installing the Windows 7 on my laptop tomorrow, but now I will avoid that...

Should get an upgrade soon for this slow notebook... or buy a new MacBook Pro... they are nice...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:42 am

The current MacBooks and the Pros are great! You used to be an Apple user didn't you, snowflake? I really love the new case on the standard white plastic ones, it's much more solid and it looks slick!

Fortunately, unlike so many things in Thailand, Macs are not horrendously over-priced. The cost of the base model MacBook is 36,000, really not much more than the $999USD price tag I'm used to.

If you do get another mac, let me know. I can hook you up with invites to a couple of very good Mac-specific trackers.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down