The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
The Ashes .... toooo easy EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Ashes .... toooo easy

+2
Snowflake
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Ashes .... toooo easy Empty The Ashes .... toooo easy

Post by Admin Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 am

The Poms took the win! Well after quite a few days of 'exciting' cricket, The Ashes are now back where they should be. England annihilated Australia for the win. Even BBC said that Australia were now just a mediocre team. Better luck next time lads.

Captain Fantastic hopes that now the little urn is back in our hands it will spark an English glory charge across all sports. He said: "I really hope this can be the spark. After Headingley it was all doom and gloom. When you're good you're great and when you're bad you're awful.

"It shows there's a lot of character in English cricket. It shows English sportsmen can rise to the occasion and do the job. "It's a special moment for us. In 2005 we took some heart from how the rugby team had done in 2003. The more that English teams can win it can be self-perpetuating and make you more confident."

Strauss was full of emotion after a draining fourth day at The Oval which ended with euphoric scenes last witnessed in 2005. It was all the more special for the skipper after being part of the humiliating 5-0 whitewash Down Under in 2007.

He added: "We went through so many emotions - hope, frustration, worry and despair at times when we didn't look like taking a wicket. "It's madness. You don't know what to do with yourself. You don't know whether to scream, cry, jump up and down or lie on the ground.

"It's one of those situations you can't prepare for and don't think about in case it never comes. "We were all running around like idiots. It's as special a moment as you'll get on a cricket field. It's an amazing day and one that seemed a long way off after Headingley.

"But all credit to the guys. An Ashes series forces a player to dig deep and the guys have done that and come out fighting. "It is better than 2005 for me because I've captained the side but we've moved forward since then."

"There are different personalities involved and a different management team, too. "Any time you win an Ashes series it's an unbelievably special moment."

A magical piece of fielding from Andrew Flintoff in his final Test which saw Aussie skipper Ricky Ponting run out was key to our boys finishing 2-1 series winners.

Strauss admitted: "It was that stage of the game, the ball was old, it didn't look like doing much for anyone. "We needed a moment of inspiration and weren't sure where it was coming from but you can't keep Fred out of the game.

"That was an unbelievable bit of fielding that set us in motion and that's the value of being a great all-rounder.

"You can do it with the bat, the ball, or a great catch, or a fantastic run out."

It was the winning finale Flintoff wanted and Strauss knows everyone will miss him.

The Middlesex man added: "Fred won't be playing Test cricket again, which is very sad but his body can't take it anymore.

"But when you are there on the field and win an Ashes series it makes it all worthwhile. There will be some great times in his career going forward I'm sure."

Ian Bell made sure Warwickshire team-mate Jonathan Trott got a memento of his England debut century - by presenting him with a stump within seconds of the win.

Bell said: "I was lucky enough on my debut to get one so thought I'd do the same.

"These occasions don't come around very often and he should have every bit of memorabilia he can get."

Delighted Trott said: "I didn't think about a souvenir - I didn't know what to do. To be involved in this is a true honour, an unbelievable feeling."

Well done lads.

Cheers
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

The Ashes .... toooo easy Empty Re: The Ashes .... toooo easy

Post by Snowflake Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am

Congrats to all poms out there... You have a trophy that is won by beating 6 teams in the world??? Still better than the Rebels over the ocean where they have the world championship with only 2 countries... Usa and Costa Rica or something like that...

Good for you...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by taniabear Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Sad about the Ashes Crying
taniabear
taniabear
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Best team won.............
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by taniabear Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Shut up, they didnt!!!
taniabear
taniabear
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Freebird Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 am

Now now, its only a game ....... a boring one at that Nervous
Freebird
Freebird
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 pm

BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD wrote:Best team won.............

That was one ashes series where I cannot agree with the above statement. If you look at the statistics, Australia had all the top run scorers, wicket takers and century makers and yet still somehow managed to lose. I would say that Australia lost through 1-2 bad innings. Australia, at the time was in a rebuilding phase after losing many of it's top, experienced players. England did not play that well and the ashes, in my opinion, fell into their laps.

I'm looking forward to the next series as I believe both sides have improved since the last ashes. It will not be remembered as a very good series, except for England supporters who want to cling to the pitiful amount of victories they have had over Australia.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Also, it was in England and yet the home side won by the slimmest of margins. Last time it was in Australia, we won 5-0, now that is annihilation.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm

You're not 31 years old are you??
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
BOON RAWD BREWERY CO LTD
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:32 pm

I'll be turning 14 next Tuesday.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Boring game since I have never gotten the rules completely, what if some would start to explain the rules??? I watched the Ashes a few months ago at Seans Tavern, was fun to sit with some people that took their time to explain a few things for me... (fogotten them all now)...For the record, you are only as good as your last game!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down