The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
This year's EP South results - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

This year's EP South results

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This year's EP South results - Page 2 Empty Re: This year's EP South results

Post by Its Raining Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 pm

The complaint of having too many people on stage all seemed a little pre-arranged.
From my own scoring, it was a pretty close contest; there were some good shows by schools I'd never heard of in this area.

It seemed very suspect that the complaint was made shortly after the totalling of scores was done that saw Benjama above KNN.

I say once again, this is not fair on the students. Play the game and enjoy the shows, let the judges to their job without pressure and without resorting to low level underhand tactics.

I'd say it was a close call between KNN and Benjama on the day, but Benjama had that extra shine to their performance. Don't try and deny the students the credit they deserve!
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:40 pm

it is always a close call between the schools.... and the students did all the work to get there,,, you are right its raining,, the children do deserve the praise..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Admin wrote:So ............... you can all brag. But, where are the results? Had a look at EPSouth.com and EPSouth.info but nothing! Nothing at all. If I had school age kids, which school would be the place to send them??

This site would be a good place to start looking for info.

Link deleted due to this being one disgruntled person having a go at schools this person have previously worked at.

Some interesting reading on there.

Last edited by Snowflake on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : See above)
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Should stay on topic, and the topic is EP SOUTH RESULTS...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:21 pm

The reason that KNEP is writing up all the scores for the competitions are that NO OTHER SCHOOL IS CAPABLE of doing it... TALK TO YOUR BOSSES AND BELIEVE ME, WE ARE HAPPY TO LET YOU DO IT!

We get scores from the host school, then create a simple link, do you guys really think that we sit here and conspire on how to win? That is just pathetic.

ps, Rain man, I should have left you down there so you could have gone home with Gold member!!!

Students did good, no doubt about that, ep open house and in Pattalung this week.

For myself, I watched both skits, benjama and knep, and I thought that the knep was better due to the fact that for the space allocated this skit it looked cleaner. On a big stage like at open house, bejamas skit would have been better but it was cluttered here (have to say that the narrator of benjama was the best speaker of them all).

All in all, I would not take something away from the students, I even told the Benjama students when they were finsihed that they did good.

NOW, it will be fun to see if Benjama will continue to win and if they do, send their skit team to Bangkok (or are they just wasting others schools hope)?

3 best schools from Pattalung will go to Chumpon, and after that, Bangkok in January!!!

Let me set the record straight on the whole UPPER LEVEL STUDENT...
5 actors in the lower level skit,
3 M3 students
2 M2 students

we have an upper level team also and that is where we send the older kids...

As for teachers counting wrong!!!! 6 people, according to Gold members own agruments at different locations after the Phuket open house where I had the skit and used a person in the audience (still legal number) he counted him, time after time, only one grunt....

What is then different with having a person this week in the audience answering questions? JUST ASKING...

Anyways, not my skit and I have to say that I do not understand all the arguing... Benjama will chicken out and not send them to the national competition so some other schools loose their spot, not the first year that has happened and that is sad...

Lots of things in my rant now... but then again, I have not written anything in a long time!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Snowflake wrote:Should stay on topic, and the topic is EP SOUTH RESULTS...

Just addresing Admin question. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:55 pm

snowflake wrote
ps, Rain man, I should have left you down there so you could have gone home with Gold member!!!

what does the above statement got to do with ep results?
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:02 pm

snowflake wrote
As for teachers counting wrong!!!! 6 people, according to Gold members own agruments at different locations after the Phuket open house where I had the skit and used a person in the audience (still legal number) he counted him, time after time, only one grunt....

but gold member did not go to the judges about it... he teased snowflake about it.
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:12 pm

hmmm, there seems to be a gap in the posts there somewhere
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 pm

WHAT ! more cutting and editing?? never..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Sorry, I went to the wrong web site... I have not cut anything since the first day... I am sure I can cut some but why bother...

Goldmember, all things aside.. do you want anything from Singapore?

should close this thread down as it has nothing to do with EP south... only Matthayom days...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 pm

its good to keep the thread open for about a year ,so people can remember.. for next year comps...

will be in contact regarding anything from Singapore.. thanks
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

As an aside to all the mud slinging and childish "schools image" cr4p, there were some very well performed shows from schools that clearly do not have the money and resources that other, long established EP's have easy access to.

I felt sorry for some of these kids as they clearly did not belong in the same level of competition as their better off contestants.

I've never been to this competition before, so I'm guessing that it is really aimed at the mini EP's or even non EP schools, not the big shot private and government funded places.

There were some schools that had no costumes, scenery, or stage props etc clearly in a different league. They did a damn good job though, dispite all the loud background talking that went on.

I still say though that these competitions can do more harm than good. Soul destroying for kids that have worked hard only to be placed against kids far above their calibre. Win, or never be picked again.

Why not pick the worst kids from each level and put em in a room full of foreign teachers as a kind of "master class" workshop. B0ll0cks to the awards and medals etc.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2