The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
This year's EP South results EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
This year's EP South results EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
This year's EP South results EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

This year's EP South results

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This year's EP South results Empty This year's EP South results

Post by Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 am

So, have the Nakhon schools excelled again? How did the competition go?

Who were the winners, who did the best, who improved the most, who did worse? Any changes from years gone by?

Had a quick look at www.epsouth.com but ... nothing

Fingertap
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

This year's EP South results Empty Re: This year's EP South results

Post by Its Raining Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 am

You're looking at the wrong site Admin. The results are on KNEP.com and have been for a few months already.
It says Kanlayanee won everything Cheezy

I was so close to having a photo of the head of KNEP sat in the KNEP booth, with a brochure from Benjama proudly positioned in their brochure rack (some people will do anything for a cheap laugh, what kind of person would go to such lengths? Cheezy ).

Our kids gave their best and had fun at the same time.... you can't put a medal on that.
Great to see many of my old students on stage and seeing how they have developed.

B@ll@cks to the medals and spending 1,000's on some BS booth display, the event should be to exchange ideas and build up the students confidence. They should do workshops and inter-school activities, not shatter students confidence by giving them "highly commended" BS awards. At the end of the day, its all about the schools pride and place, sweet FA to do with the students. 5hit it!
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:15 pm

i have not seen anything on the site... but i know of a school that entered 10 events and won 6 first places 1 second which were all gold medal and the 3 remaining events they managed to get silvers and a bronze... all in the MAT 1-3 EVENTS......... pretty good work
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Gold member wrote:i have not seen anything on the site... but i know of a school that entered 10 events and won 6 first places 1 second which were all gold medal and the 3 remaining events they managed to get silvers and a bronze... all in the MAT 1-3 EVENTS......... pretty good work

Maybe thats why nothing is on the site yet..... a lot of whiteout and score "validation" work to be done first.

Well, top marks to that school Gold Member, clearly the top mattayom school in town.
You should name it really, I'm sure everyone would want their children to study there.

I know my school was mostly gold and silver across the board, 1 bronze to my knowledge.
We waited around for over an hour for the last set of results but they never came. Always seems fishy how it can take 5 people with degrees so long to add up some numbers and put them in ascending order.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:45 pm

i did notice .. that if you wanted more info.. the hosts or judges disappeared very quickly... so if you wanted to find out how the scores got added up.. hard cheese did come to mind..... and in some events the rules were not up held..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am

So ............... you can all brag. But, where are the results? Had a look at EPSouth.com and EPSouth.info but nothing! Nothing at all. If I had school age kids, which school would be the place to send them??

Surely the results should be on one of those (Government sponsored) sites?

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Late at night grammatical errors.)
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Admin wrote:So ............... you can all brag. But, where are the results? Had a look at EPSouth.com and EPSouth.info but nothing! Nothing at all. If I had school age kids, which school would be the place to send them??

Surely the results should be on one of those (Government sponsored) sites?

Good question Admin where are the results?
I still have a few students that do not know the results from their contest, even though we waited around for over an hour after the contest finished.

In answer to you question about which school would be best to send children........ probably none of the above, educate em in the UK instead.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Finally... the results are up and my students can get to know how they did..... a week after the event.

9 Gold
4 Silver
2 Bronze
1 Highly commended

If the list is correct, we were 3rd overall. I'm guessing they work from the scores not the number of gold, silver etc.

Hats off to the students, they worked hard at short notice Good job
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:40 am

Where be they then? Not your students, the results.
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 am

WELL DONE!! its raining .. and you did not enter all the events? how many first places did you get?
how did you get the results? i have been hitting a brick wall trying to find them?
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

they are all on EP South.com.
Right at the top of the page, a pile of excel spreadsheet files.
The mattayom 1 is covered in whiteout though Cheezy

Dispite all that funny business, Benjama came out in first place overall, so well done to them.
Even though it looks like they entered more events, Kanlayanee came out 2nd place.

We got 3 first places. Looks like Anuban Trang had a very good run this year.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm

just saw some of the results... but they are wrong.. KNEP DID NOT WIN THE LOWER SECONDARY LEVEL DEBATE CONTEST.... they were second.. Benjama were 1st.... someone re-arranging the tables to pretend they are better.. and that is from a nakhon school to another.. not good !!.. give the phrase and credit to the winners.... or do the schools in Nakhon cheat aswell as the others. schools they had to beat?
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Just admit it, the better team won! :)

Clap KNEP

Failing that, have a word with the web-master of said site coz that's naughty ...... but still it's quite amusing.

Cheezy
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:17 am

the said school was informed ,, but was told they will not change what they wrote.... a complaint has been forwarded to ep south site,, because it is not just one contest it happened on.... bad sportsmanship on knep behalf..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:45 am

Just had a look at EPSouth.com - it's all in Thai!! WTF!! It's meant to be a site for ENGLISH programs! Cheezy

Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am

Gold member wrote:the said school was informed ,, but was told they will not change what they wrote.... a complaint has been forwarded to ep south site,, because it is not just one contest it happened on.... bad sportsmanship on knep behalf..

bad sportsmanship does not come into it, childish, pathetic, low life cheating just to keep that fake glossy shine on the schools pretigious reputation.

The only reputation being upheld here is one of mistrust, lying, and blatent cheating.
I figure it is a senior member of staff that brought about these score changes (although WTF are KNN doing with the scores when it was hosted by Songkhla), either way, students that worked hard to get their due awards are not given a second thought, mai bpen rai to them as the schools image must come first.

Very sad, pathetic behaviour!

I've been pointing it out to my students today, some of whom have elder brothers and sisters that took part (and won) some of these events that KNN now claim THEY won. Sick! Finger
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 am

It's all down to the one diamond in the coal heap. Unfortunately that one diamond is no longer there!
Nerd
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:20 am

nicely put , its raining... you are right.. in the end, it is the children that suffer, and they ones who won and did the hard work to get that first place.. it is a shame others do not think that way to....
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Admin wrote:It's all down to the one diamond in the coal heap. Unfortunately that one diamond is no longer there!
Nerd

We used to call it a slag heap in the UK, you must be very upper class Admin if you have a coal heap. I think slag heap would be a better choice of words here, just for comedic reasons Cheezy
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:58 pm

I wonder f there is going to be cheating at the Phattalung contests next week... by the recent standard of events , I would say 100% YES...
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 pm

a certain boss from a certain school came to our school to request 2 teachers to judge said competition. I figure this is a mattayom level contest so am very neutral.
I will however make a point of using biro pen not the pencil they always want us to use.... pencil is all too easy to erase don't you think.

They should do the scoring electronically with a time stamp. That way it is obvious when scores are changed cos the times dont match up, or they could be make write once only. Each judge would need to enter their own scores for it to work though.

I will be watching peoples movements at this Phattalung gig. Might even take the camera and do a few movies.

BTW Gold Member.... don't forget the 2,000 baht in the plain envelope as usual. Thanks.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Well, congratulations to KNEP. I was told today that they came first place at the Phattalung competition tomorrow Cheezy
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 am

glad to know that there is no cheating going on.
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Well, dispite being accused of having 6 people on set (hmmm Thai teachers that can not count it seems), a very enjoyable performance took a well earned 1st place on the day for the level 1 skit.

Well done Banjama.

Be very interested to hear the outcome over the accusation of 1 school entering an M6 student in the level 1 skits.

Just waiting to see the online version of results now Cheezy

Last edited by Its Raining on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am

i agree, a well earned 1st place to benjama... a pat on the back for the students involved...
as i have heard about the M6 student in a play.. and also after some talking and ohing and ar-ing about it amongst the thia teachers,, a certian school deny,s the accusation. so the matter was dropped.. okay no prob... but i think the matter had to be looked into if there was a slyte chance of it being true...

but i also heard the certian teacher who approached the judges is hated and not in a small percentage.. ( 120%) by that same school..

so to my conclusion in all this is.. that people do not like to make sure fair play and rules are upheld for contests.. and people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.. it is a sad thought to think people do not think fair play and ethics are part of everyday life aswell as to be upheld in contests...and good sportsmanship.. it does not seem to be in Thailand.

Last edited by Gold member on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake from this to thai teachers)
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next