The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Work Permit Rules EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Work Permit Rules EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Work Permit Rules EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Work Permit Rules

5 posters

Go down

Work Permit Rules Empty Work Permit Rules

Post by Admin Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Required fees for a work permit
- Fee 750 - 3,000 baht (depending on the length of your work permit)A FOREIGNER WHO RECEIVES A WORK PERMIT MUST FOLLOW THESE REGULATIONS:

1. Carry the work permit with him/her or keep it in the office during working hours to show to government officers any time.

PENALTY : Anyone who violate this rule will be fined not more than 1,000 baht .

2. The foreigner must perform the work according to the work permit only to. If he/ she wants to do different work or change locality of working place, this change must be approved. 

PENALTY : Anyone who violates this rule will be inprisoned not more than 1 month or fined not more than 2,000 baht or both. 

3. The foreigner who wishes to continue working must apply for an extension before the expiration date. 

PENALTY : Anyone who violates this rule will be imprisoned not more than 3 months or fined not more than 5,000 baht or both.

4. If his/her work permit is materially damaged or lost,The foreigner must apply for substitute within 15 days from the date he/she knows about the damage or disappearance of the work permit. 

PENALTY : Anyone who violates this rule will be fined not more than 500 baht .

5. In case the foreigner changes his/her first name, last name, nationality , address, or name of the working place, he/she must notify the Employment Service office to update the information as soon as possible. 

6. After the to foreigner resigns from work, the foreigner must return the work permit within 7 days from the date of the resignation 

PENALTY : Anyone who violates this rule will be fined not more than 1000 baht.

EMPLOYERS WISHING TO EMPLOY A FOREIGNER MUST DO THE FOLLOWING

1.Do not employ the foreigner without a work permit. Do not allow the foreigner to perform work other than that which is specified in his/her work permit, or to work under any other conditions than those specified in the work permit. 

PENALTY : Imprisonment of not more than 3 years or fine of not more than 60,000 baht or both.

2. An employer who employs a foreigner to work or transfers him/her to work elsewhere or allows the foreigner to resign must notify the Employment Service Office within 15 days from the employment, transfer or termination date 

PENALTY : Anyone who violates this rule will be fined not more than 1,000 baht . 

NOTE: 
All aliens engaged in any kind of work in Thailand must hold a valid work permit, issued principally by the Department of Employment of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare pursuant to the Alien Employment Act B.E. 2521 (A.D. 1978). 

The term "work" is defined very broadly, covering both physical and mental activities, whether or not for wages or other remuneration. Working without a valid work permit even for a day is a criminal offense.

The validity period of a work permit is governed by the holder's immigration status, i.e. a work permit usually expires on the last day of the period of stay allowed by immigration officials as shown on the alien's visa. Aliens holding transit and tourist visas are not permitted to work.
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Work Permit Rules Empty Re: Work Permit Rules

Post by Snowflake Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:19 pm

my work permit looks like shitf... I went to the office and ask for a new one, they said on... Still nice enough... The picture is clear...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Just to update this thread with the latest, pointless task they want us to do for our blue books.

Education certificates, ie your degree cert (those that have them.... ahemm....) must be submitted with a version translated into Thai.

No mention of the TEFL certs needing translation.

All part of their crack down on fake degrees and people working without a degree I guess.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 am

i do not think anyone has to worry ,, because they still need someone to check everything with the issuing place,,, which has to be in English.. and we all know the amount of knowledge they know about that!!.. thats why they need to get everything translated into thai.. / it sound as if someone has got a new job position and show they have something to do ..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

Gold member wrote:i do not think anyone has to worry ,, because they still need someone to check everything with the issuing place,,, which has to be in English.. and we all know the amount of knowledge they know about that!!.. thats why they need to get everything translated into thai.. / it sound as if someone has got a new job position and show they have something to do ..

You hear right Gold Member, someone HAS got a new job........ ME.

I got a part time job validating degree transcripts for the employment office Cheezy
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 pm

We just had a translated document / certificate issued to us from the WP office reminding us that we must not allow anyone to start work without a work permit.

So, as stated above:

1.Do not employ the foreigner without a work permit. Do not allow the foreigner to perform work other than that which is specified in his/her work permit, or to work under any other conditions than those specified in the work permit.

PENALTY : Imprisonment of not more than 3 years or fine of not more than 60,000 baht or both.

The problem with this is that they also insist on the teacher license documents BEFORE they will do the work permit, which in the past has taken some time to come through, or has been "lost".
A little rethink of the logic is needed here I think as they are creating a chicken and egg scenario.

Surely, an "intent to employ" from the school should allow the wp chaps to issue a temp/short term WP (same way the visa's work), then when the teacher license stuff comes through, upgrade to the full WP.

It now seems they are clamping down on this, which means new teachers fly over here on the offer of a job only to be told to complete some forms then go away for a few weeks while we wait for the teacher license stuff. This may be ok if they arrive at the start of the term holiday, but often they arrive a few days before the start of term....... hey presto, they can not work.

Arses and elbows
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:42 am

to make things go faster,, it is best to go to bkk for the licences.. so i have heard
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 am

Gold member wrote:to make things go faster,, it is best to go to bkk for the licences.. so i have heard

yes, thats been our school policy since we had all of the paperwork go missing for 1 application.
All too easy for them to say "no, it never arrived" and some poor bugger has to do a border run while another application gets submitted.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 am

it has also come to light,, that to get a new work permit/visa if you are a newbie in town,, you must also go for a syphilis test.
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:23 am

Gold member wrote:it has also come to light,, that to get a new work permit/visa if you are a newbie in town,, you must also go for a syphilis test.

they introduced that one just over a year ago. Crazy thing is, of all the things they COULD test you for at the same time, HIV etc, they are only interested in syphilis.

"Cow" ...... "Money".....

All these laws and rules, yet none of them have thought about testing the proficiency of English in the "English teachers" they are giving WP's to, or maybe checking their criminal records (both here and their home country); surely that would be better use than trying to work out which town is able to infect the most farangs with syphilis.

It sounds to me like they play a game of who can come up with the craziest tasks that the farangs have to do to get their stamp. Well two can play that game; I'm banning the use of straight edges, the number 7, and the plus symbol from all my maths classes. I will insist that all written work must be written from right to left before I will grade it, and I'm going to insist students wear overalls, a chefs hat, pink wellies, and a gas mask when using the computer room.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by james634 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:45 am

Have not had any issues with the office as the uni is very good about all the paper work. So, have no idea about any new rules or requirements. That said I am still amazed as to why people come here to teach. I am old and married with children so will be here for awhile.
james634
james634
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am

you said the magic words James.. you work at the UNI..which has different requirements.. we need to have licences to work at high schools and infant school .. not like yourself,, you are the lucky one,,
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 pm

To update this again. The syphilis test is now required for WP renewals, not just first timers.
AND, the WP office are now demanding a copy of degree transcripts along with degree certificate and Thai translation.

Apparently, someone has told them that there are foreigners in town with either no / incompleted degree, bought online degrees, or worse still, fake degrees.
Just renewing mine now and its taking far longer than previous years..... someone been upsetting the WP staff?
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 am

I wonder who has upset them now?? What have the new teachers done now?
Where is there a place in town to translate any documents? it is becoming a big joke?
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Gold member wrote:I wonder who has upset them now?? What have the new teachers done now?
Where is there a place in town to translate any documents? it is becoming a big joke?

The translations do not need to be stamped as "official". So far, I have remade all our teachers degrees in Thai - scan the original and then plop it in MS Word and use text boxes to overwrite the English with Thai.

I've used Bing and Google translators. I was surprised how well they have translated even the wordy English used in some degree certs.

My guess is they are just trying to cover their backs. My renewal has yet to be completed. So far, I have had to give previous address in home country and transcripts of my degree. Never had to give that before....... still no mention of the criminal record search though!
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Just did a few enquiries and it seems as if it is for new teachers only ( translated degrees into thai ) ,, well thats what happened at our school in the month of May... unless they have stepped up a notch again or you just look a bit sus... ( or not good looking enough)
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Raining Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm

I just got a brand new WP - maybe that might explain the length in time and exta documents required.
My understanding is though that they are now requesting the degree transcript to support the degree cert.

To update on Admins post: In point 1, Failure to show WP when requested by an official now stands at 10,000 baht, not 1,000 baht.
Its Raining
Its Raining
Thug
Thug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down