The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Hello Hello EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Hello Hello EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Hello Hello EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hello Hello

+3
Admin
Snowflake
SoapyMule
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello Hello Empty Hello Hello

Post by SoapyMule Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:30 am

Hello everyone!

I just recently got a job teaching in NST and will be heading over in a few weeks. I was just curious if anyone works at or has any information on Srithammarat Suksa School? Good and bad info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Cheers
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Hello Hello Empty Re: Hello Hello

Post by Snowflake Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Congratulations and welcome to us... 
Srithammarat Suksa is an interesting school, not my cup of tea, but I am sure that you will like it and have a jolly good time. 
Don't listen to what everyone say about the school, each individual has their own opinion, enter the school year with an open mind and get ready for a roller coaster ride... Just remember, you are there for the students, they come first, not friends, or beach trips... students... 
again, congrats... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapyMule Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

Ya, I've read some mixed reviews and it worried me a bit. Any specific reason it's "not your cup of tea"?

I'm teaching high school science and its a topic that I'm really passionate about, so I'm excited to start. Any advice for teaching?

Thanks for responding so quickly Cheers
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:08 am

There could probably be written books about why not to teach there BUT that does not mean you will not have a good time there... The students should be good and the people you will work with are friendly... I will not and can not put fingers on good or bad things with the school, Admin has strict rules about that... but just wait, within a few days there will be several people that works, or have worked in that school posting what they think... 
I think that it might be the 3rd best school to work for in this town, so there is nothing wrong with it... Just open your mind and enjoy the ride... 
PS. just since I am curious, where do you work now? Abroad, Thailand? please check out the introducing yourself thread that Admin has created... Tell us more about yourself... 
PS. PM HUANGO, he used to teach science there so he should be able to give you all the information that you need... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapyMule Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 am

I just recently finished up my degree in Ottawa, Canada, and have been doing some research in the neuroscience department for the last few months. This will be my second time in Asia (Japan) and my first time in Thailand.

It will be my first time teaching abroad and I'm hoping that I can change the common belief that new teachers are only looking to party. That was one of the reasons I took a job in NST instead of Koh Samui.

Do you enjoy living in NST??
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am

HAHAHA you are funny SoapyMule... If that is the intention, you should have chosen another name... My guess is that a soapy (never head that before) is something you can not get here...
Yes I live in NST, I like NST, but I would leave town if another deal popped up... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes, welcome Soapymule- you'll like Nakhon I think but it is quiet at times.

Snowflake wrote:My guess is that a soapy (never head that before) is something you can not get here...

Choobchoob
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Srithammarat School is a fine place to work. I've been happy there for the last 4 years. The salary, raises, bonuses and medical cover are unmatched by any other school in town. If you can look past the rather old school christianity and the uniform policy, you will have a good time working there.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:06 pm

C-Bert wrote:Srithammarat School is a fine place to work. I've been happy there for the last 4 years. The salary, raises, bonuses and medical cover are unmatched by any other school in town. If you can look past the rather old school
christianity and the uniform policy, you will have a good time working there.

Agreed .... but as stated before, the 3rd best school in Nakhon but the Anuban students are up there .... on a par with with some other schools. They're pretty good!

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 pm

i thimk the starting salary is the same all over the line... Medical, maybe, we dont have accidents at our school (apart from admin) and he has his own coverage... (smart thing to have here in thailand)....

End of contract bonus and raise is the best in town...

I am not complaining since i get my own room on camps and extra cash in hand on those camps...

Australia, singapore, malaysia, and several camps around thailand... And I get petrol money for my pick up... Sweeeeeeet....

Ps... My school is the best to work at... Hands down...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bert Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Uh, I don't think the OP was asking about your school. And besides, we all know that your school is the best (you and Admin tell us at every available opportunity, even when it's completely irrelevant). Please don't make this yet another 'my school is better than yours' thread. We all know those are pointless.
C-Bert
C-Bert
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 pm

The fact is Snowflake and Admin have never worked at SSS, nor any other school in NST for that matter. Seems a bit of a stretch to start ranking schools, doesn't it? And after all, I've heard snowy and Admin whinging about HAVING to go on yet another camp. So perhaps this is another case of spit-shining a turd?

I'm leaving Srithammarat Suksa school after 4 years and I'd be happy to share my opinions, positive and negative, with you SoapyMule. Send me a PM on here and I'll tell you what ever you wanna know.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:21 pm

HuaNgu wrote:The fact is Snowflake and Admin have never worked at SSS, nor any other school in NST for that matter. Seems a bit of a stretch to start ranking schools, doesn't it? And after all, I've heard snowy and Admin whinging about HAVING to go on yet another camp. So perhaps this is another case of spit-shining a turd?

I'm leaving Srithammarat Suksa school after 4 years and I'd be happy to share my opinions, positive and negative, with you SoapyMule. Send me a PM on here and I'll tell you what ever you wanna know.

Red = completely wrong!

Urm, did I not make a positive remark about your anuban students? Hairpull
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 am

Yes, you're great with those bank-handed compliments, Admin! Thanks!

So when were you employed at SSS?

BTW, why don't you reply to C-Bert's post????
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:18 am

HuaNgu wrote:Yes, you're great with those bank-handed compliments, Admin! Thanks!
Oldman

So when were you employed at SSS?

BTW, why don't you reply to C-Bert's post????

Once again, you fail to understand the language. Where once have I ever said I have been employed by SSS. I've only been in the school gates once and that was for a wedding! Read what you said again.

Because I don't want to get into those 'silly which school is best' arguments again. As stated, totally irrelevant and pointless.

Don't have a go at me - I've seen some of the students that have come out of that school. This is not about the students, nor the school really. It's more about you just wanting to be once again negative and argumentative! Do you ever say anything positive on the net?

...... but, I do have to agree with Snowflake. Our working conditions are unbeaten here ..... but I shall swallow humble pie and say no more.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am

Admin, you have a very hard time detecting irony. Sorry about that.

And as for starting a 'which school is better' argument, haven't you already done that by ranking yours as the best and SSS as the 3rd? Ridiculous.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

I have in the past taught several sss students and they have been very good... Yes it was before you came to sss and it was on campus... I have also taught at other schools.... That is not what soapy mule asked about...

There are constant battles among the teachers from different schools about which is the best one to work at.... Unlike you, we have had people moving from our school to yours, just to find it miserable, each school is individual and as i said to soapy... Go to the school with an open mind and you will be ok....

No school has more freedom than KN and I think we can agree that there are different problems for each school, we are not perfect, just as sss and BJ (please forgive that one) are not perfect either....

HuaNgu... I do not complain about the camps, i make them i know that admin tries hard to get out of them, and he has lately 'missed' our camps...

In my subjective opinion, my school has the best working conditions, op asked for details about ypur school, i told him/her to ask you....

(soapy claims to have heard bad things about sss, not admin, not me, soapy... Read the replies HuaNgu...

We are all allowed to think what we want... I know the truth, so do you... (the truth can be different for different individuals)...

Welcome to NST soapy, the tiny town where the men gossip and complain more than women in any other place on earth...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapyMule Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Sorry for stirring the pot Whistle
From what I understand, each school has its ups and downs, and it all depends on personal experience. Thanks guys for giving me a few good perspectives. Cheers
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 pm

How very sensible of you, Snowflake. I really expected less of you. Hello Hello 387194
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 am

i should but i just cant... I promised i would be nicer...

Soapymule... You are to kind... We (huangu,admin,myself) just like to argue about anything... Dont say sorry, thank you for starting a thread so we can argue...

PS. I hope you got some good answers from HuaNgu... If not... Well... Pm me and i will give you all the gossip... (joking)... Keep your knickers on boys...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoapyMule Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Made it into NST a few days ago and I must say that I didn't expect it to be this big. Need to start looking at some bikes soon. Got a nice place at the Green Place Guesthouse, but does anyone know if the SP Mansion is nicer? Once the girlfriend gets here I'll have to check out something bigger. Any recommendations for types of housing for two people?
SoapyMule
SoapyMule

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Hey, Soapy .... glad you made it here ...... NST big? Where are you from? Anyway, good to hear you got settled somewhere. Bikes can be found pretty much anywhere ..... think first or ask some of us before you buy - we might be able to get you a better deal. As for housing, apartments are ok but I think 2 people living in one room will soon lose its novelty. Plenty of houses around for the same or less than an apartment .... again, ask those that have been here for a while - could well save you some money in the long run.

Get yourself down to www.britanniatavern.com for more info and the chance to meet others here.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

but do remember that not everyone who claim that something is better than others... Use your brain and ask several people...

What budget do you have for the bike? Have you ridden bikes before?

I used to stay at SP and it is very nice... Electrcity can be expensive if you like airconditions...

There are many places to rent houses, get settled first, get your bike and the ride around tow to find a place that will fit your needs/requirements...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold member Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 am

you are in a good place to start your life in nakhon... when you have settled down a bit . and get to know the place .. as suggested by admin .. you may want to rent a house ,, it works out to be around the same cost as an apartment.. but you will decide on that,, but as i said .. a good choice of apartment.. .. snowy said something about Sp mansion.. which is near your school.. now that is a very nice mansion..more like a hotel ..
i hope you enjoy your stay... good luck..
Gold member
Ninja
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 pm

I met Soapy yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be enjoying himself with all the Songkhran fun that was going on. It must be crazy, getting off the plane and seeing a whole town involved in a big waterfight!

Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy and welcome to Nakhon Soapy!
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum