The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Pad Thai - where? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Pad Thai - where? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Pad Thai - where? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Pad Thai - where?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pad Thai - where? Empty Pad Thai - where?

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Pad Thai (with no seafood) in Nakhon. I'm sitting here contemplating Pizza again or KFC again and remembered eating some delicious Pad Thai when I lived in Bangkok. Must be able to get it somewhere.

Dindins
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Pad Thai - where? Empty Re: Pad Thai - where?

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I am going out for some CowMokGai, or whatever... Fancy yellow rice and curry???

Soi Paniad, from Rattanakukwang Road it will be on your left hand side, (just past what used to be the Courts car park)...

50b double portion, 2pcs of chicken... Good flavour!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 pm

I have been told that there is a place selling Pad Thai down past Carrefours. Going now to see .....
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:23 pm

I am going out for some CowMokGai, or whatever... Fancy yellow rice and curry???

Soi Paniad, from Rattanakukwang Road it will be on your left hand side, (just past what used to be the Courts car park)...

50b double portion, 2pcs of chicken... Good flavour!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Oy you! This is my Pad Thai thread!

Anyway, just got back, lovely old lady selling ..... eating it now.

Very nice it is too.

(Go past all those horrible girly bars and she is on the right opposite the temple.)

Thanks to Mr Boon Rawd Brewery for the directions.
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Ohhh... Thats where the Katoey Restaurant is... Did you go to that one... He/She makes one mean fried rice... how much did you have to pay... I know you like to spend 400B on pizza... compare the two??
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Snowflake wrote:Ohhh... Thats where the Katoey Restaurant is... Did you go to that one... He/She makes one mean fried rice... how much did you have to pay... I know you like to spend 400B on pizza... compare the two??

No, just up the road a little. An old woman who basically cooks outside of her house. She even speaks a little English too.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 am

Admin wrote:Oy you! This is my Pad Thai thread!

Anyway, just got back, lovely old lady selling ..... eating it now.

Very nice it is too.

(Go past all those horrible girly bars and she is on the right opposite the temple.)

Thanks to Mr Boon Rawd Brewery for the directions.

you're eating the old lady?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 am

A bit grisly but on the whole quite tasty.

Run over
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 am

A&A has a very good Pad Thai. However, A&A also has the worst service of any restaurant in the world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:25 am

The Doyen of Nakhon wrote:A&A has a very good Pad Thai. However, A&A also has the worst service of any restaurant in the world.
How can you say that? I spend loads of time at A&A and they have really good service there for the morning shift... I do agree that the afternoon shift can be a bit bad but not the worst in town... Just go to sean's to beat that... No service (I had too sean, Sorry)...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 am

I spend loads of time at A&A? is that Aksident and Ammerjency Snowy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 am

Pad Thai - where? Aa10This is where I go, you??? 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am

I go there every weekend with my B'itch!!!Two fried eggs, two pieces of Toast, jam Coffee or Tea - 35B and ofcourse the usual thai teapot which means we can sit there from 0800-1200 and enjoy the music, conversation, and the free tea... total bill for two people 70B and then tip another 30B... 100B for a nice place to sit for 4 hours... The girls are always smiling, they are always friendly, they get our order quickly and they do take care of us while we sit there, even if we only spend 35B each!!! Now, that is not bad service!!! (The teapot will be refilled quite a few times)...How many times have you been there Garry? mabye you have been unlucky or do you expect a 5 start restaurant service? Wake up, you are in Thailand... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 am

Admin, you've lived in NST how long?? And you don't even know where to get a simple plate of pad thai. I know Mrs Admin took care of you, but that's pathetic!

Almost any place that does "Tam Sang", aka food to order, will make a plate of pad thai with chicken.

Edit: I thought the but was inferred.... nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No personal names pls.)
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 am

HuaNgu wrote:Admin, you've lived in NST how long?? And you don't even know where to get a simple plate of pad thai. I know Mrs Admin took care of you, that's pathetic!

Almost any place that does "Tam Sang", aka food to order, will make a plate of pad thai with chicken.
Hmmm... Do you want to consider to change that sentence? I would not say it is pathetic to have a wife that takes care of you... Now it is pathetic to not know where to buy Pad Thai after that many years in Thailand, but do understand that Mr. Admin, never ever had the need to go out and buy food, his wife cooked for him (like every good wife will do)... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Snowflake wrote:I go there every weekend with my B'itch!!!Two fried eggs, two pieces of Toast, jam Coffee or Tea - 35B and ofcourse the usual thai teapot which means we can sit there from 0800-1200 and enjoy the music, conversation, and the free tea... total bill for two people 70B and then tip another 30B... 100B for a nice place to sit for 4 hours... The girls are always smiling, they are always friendly, they get our order quickly and they do take care of us while we sit there, even if we only spend 35B each!!! Now, that is not bad service!!! (The teapot will be refilled quite a few times)...How many times have you been there Garry? mabye you have been unlucky or do you expect a 5 start restaurant service? Wake up, you are in Thailand...

I've been there quite a few times snowy (it wasn't me that posted anything negative about the place).
I really like their food and prices, just a shame the service aint to hot of am evening.
It is one of the places reviewed in that cool polling sstem on the original forum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Sorry, my bad again... my eyes are getting weak here... I don't have any clue about why I thought you said it... Might be because you are stalking me... Fantastic... I hope you can forgive me Garry.... Doyen... Get real... You don't know what service is, even if it jumped up and bit you in your earlobe... 
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Snowflake wrote:
HuaNgu wrote:Admin, you've lived in NST how long?? And you don't even know where to get a simple plate of pad thai. I know Mrs Admin took care of you, that's pathetic!

Hmmm... Do you want to consider to change that sentence? I would not say it is pathetic to have a wife that takes care of you... Now it is pathetic to not know where to buy Pad Thai after that many years in Thailand, but do understand that Mr. Admin, never ever had the need to go out and buy food, his wife cooked for him (like every good wife will do)... 

That's not the point ...... as Snowy stated, I rarely, if ever had the need to go out for 'take away' food .... in fact thinking about it, the only take away would be KFC or pizza, nothing else. The Mrs would do me a lovely dinner every night (far better than any take-away) at home, she having already bought the ingredients. As for take away, mostly from work, it would be a call to 1150 or 1112 and 20 mins later I'd have what I'd ordered sitting in front of me. Just how you find that pathetic is highly amusing.

Ironically, my KFC has just arrived as I type this.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm

did you know eating too much junk food can lead to premature eja..... oooh bugger!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Garry Ginger wrote:
Snowflake wrote:I go there every weekend with my B'itch!!!Two fried eggs, two pieces of Toast, jam Coffee or Tea - 35B and ofcourse the usual thai teapot which means we can sit there from 0800-1200 and enjoy the music, conversation, and the free tea... total bill for two people 70B and then tip another 30B... 100B for a nice place to sit for 4 hours... The girls are always smiling, they are always friendly, they get our order quickly and they do take care of us while we sit there, even if we only spend 35B each!!! Now, that is not bad service!!! (The teapot will be refilled quite a few times)...How many times have you been there Garry? mabye you have been unlucky or do you expect a 5 start restaurant service? Wake up, you are in Thailand...

I've been there quite a few times snowy (it wasn't me that posted anything negative about the place).
I really like their food and prices, just a shame the service aint to hot of am evening.
It is one of the places reviewed in that cool polling sstem on the original forum.

Thank you, Ginger Nuts. I have no problem with the food or prices either, and like you, I think the service is shite. I usually end up paying my bill at the counter rather than wait for them to bring the bill to me. It's often difficult to get their attention.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HuaNgu Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Admin wrote:
That's not the point ...... as Snowy stated, I rarely, if ever had the need to go out for 'take away' food .... in fact thinking about it, the only take away would be KFC or pizza, nothing else. The Mrs would do me a lovely dinner every night (far better than any take-away) at home, she having already bought the ingredients. As for take away, mostly from work, it would be a call to 1150 or 1112 and 20 mins later I'd have what I'd ordered sitting in front of me. Just how you find that pathetic is highly amusing.

Coffeewhacko

It is pathetic. In the same way that there are people who've lived in Thailand for 10 years and can't speak a word past the very basic pleasantries is pathetic. To live in a town for 10+ years and literally have no idea where to get one of the most basic of Thai dishes is virtually the same thing.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just a pet-peeve of mine.
HuaNgu
HuaNgu
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm

HuaNgu wrote:
Admin wrote:

Coffeewhacko

It is pathetic. In the same way that there are people who've lived in Thailand for 10 years and can't speak a word past the very basic pleasantries is pathetic. To live in a town for 10+ years and literally have no idea where to get one of the most basic of Thai dishes is virtually the same thing.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just a pet-peeve of mine.

I can't help if you are not looked after!
Nerd
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm

anyone know where robinson ocean is in Nakhon?

cop coom marks club
Pad Thai - where? 307526
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

While HuaNgu is raising some fair points about the language here... There are things he have to understand... Many people, including me, spend most of the time in school or with friends, we have hardly no place to practice more than the basic conversation with Thais... I can go out for a whole night with my thai friends and they can speak Thai to me, I will understand and I will answer in English/Thai, depending on how drunk I am...For other people, who study the language, good for you, nice to see that you take interest and I assure you, set up a language school here, I will be the 27th to sign up for the middle class!!! $$$$$ can be made !!!The only problem is, I don't want to be taught Thai by someone who is not a teacher!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next