The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Nursery Recommendation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Nursery Recommendation EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Nursery Recommendation EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Nursery Recommendation

3 posters

Go down

Nursery Recommendation Empty Nursery Recommendation

Post by markwhite Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving closer to Amphoe Muang from Tha Sala and am hoping for a few recommendations for day nursery for a 2 year old.

Right now he's in the nursery at Walailak Univeristy which is run by a qualified nurse who seems aware and sensitive to the needs of kids, has teacher/kids ratio of about 1:6, they do teach stuff appropriate for the age (singing in a group, drawing, national anthem, namo tassa bhagavato, getting dressed/undressed, showering and cleaning teeth, etc) and it's nicely set in grounds rather than being by the side of a main road. It's 2,700 a month, and I'm hoping to find something similar around town, accepting that it's not going to be in the middle of a field like at Walailak.

We got a few recommendations and spent some time at anubaan baan dek out near Tesco (nice surroundings, teaching approach seems okay but we'll need to get a closer look, 2,500 a month, not the most convenient to travel to, cool play area), baan un jit on soi 3 down the soi opposite Ocean (nice enough, shorter hours, 1:10 ratio, 1,800 per month, some teaching, easier travelling) and a place round the back of Ocean where the woman in charge looked my wife up and down in a way to question if we could afford her place, and at 2,500 for a daytime babysitting service with no teaching we were not interested.

A friendly motosai driver told us about a load more places, but it makes sense to try to get a short list based on any recommendations I can get from eveywhere.

So any advice or suggestions would be real helpful.

Thanks,

Mark...
markwhite

Back to top Go down

Nursery Recommendation Empty Nursery Schools

Post by Danny Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Concerning your request for info about schools. My daughter has been at Anubaan Baan Dec for the last year and a half. (She's five and is now in Anubaan 2). The school and teachers seem very professional and have helped her develop well (academically and socially). The new nursery section looks good and the grounds are nicely set out. I have no experience of the other schools in Nakhon so I can't comment on their set up, but Baan Dec is good and I would recommend it.
My daughter speaks both English and Thai and seems to be progressing well in all other areas. The fees seem worth it!
Good luck
Danny
Danny

Back to top Go down

Nursery Recommendation Empty Re: Nursery Recommendation

Post by Admin Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:08 am

I have known a few people who have sent their kids there and have yet to hear a negative comment.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Nursery Recommendation Empty Re: Nursery Recommendation

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum