The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers.

2 posters

Go down

Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. Empty Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 am

Being a Filipino teacher in Thailand cannot be easy, unless they are lucky enough to work in an EP or a SMTP. They are generally treated as inferior to naitve speakers. This is often in spite of the fact that they possess an Education degree. Imagine you are the only teacher in an office who holds an Education degree, yet you receive less than half the wage of the native speakers and get only 1 month of holiday time a year while everybody else gets 3 months off. Hardly fair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. Empty Re: Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers.

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 am

Have you ever heard anyone saying that life is fair? Guess not!

Thais are racists and they struggle with the fact that other asian countries are better at something than they are, in return they have to show how much more power they have than the filipino teacher working at that school...

It might have something with the fact that they know the filipino will not go balistic and create a stirr, they are too weak for that, they are not like white people, sad really!!!

I hope that one day people will be treated by what they know and not the colour of their skin!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers. Empty Re: Appalling treatment of some Filipino teachers.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:29 am

Snowflake wrote:Have you ever heard anyone saying that life is fair? Guess not!

Thais are racists and they struggle with the fact that other asian countries are better at something than they are, in return they have to show how much more power they have than the filipino teacher working at that school...

It might have something with the fact that they know the filipino will not go balistic and create a stirr, they are too weak for that, they are not like white people, sad really!!!

I hope that one day people will be treated by what they know and not the colour of their skin!

Maybe not as weak as afraid. Afraid they'll lose their jobs. I think they feel like they're being held over a barrell. We, however, don't mind complaining because if we did lose our job we'd just go and find another one. I worked in Amercian hospitals for 4 years and worked with many Filipinos. If the state they worked in was not unionised, then they were shat on from a great height. They were too afraid to complain, because the hospital was sponsoring their green card application, and any dissent would not tolerated as there were 100's ready to take thier jobs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

So in conclusion we can say that beggers can't be choosers??? I feel the same way many times as I am not a native English speaker myself... (I am white and that helps me alot)...

Sad situation, but we have to ask ourself, if it is so bad, why do they want to teach here? What makes them stay here?
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:58 am

Snowflake wrote:So in conclusion we can say that beggers can't be choosers??? I feel the same way many times as I am not a native English speaker myself... (I am white and that helps me alot)...

Sad situation, but we have to ask ourself, if it is so bad, why do they want to teach here? What makes them stay here?

Plentiful jobs and more money than home. Also, close to home. I think it's one thing to pay someone less, but it's 'rubbing salt into the wound' when they get a third less hoildays for doing the same job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am

I know, but still at the end of the day, is it better than back home? If it was worse working here than back home in Norway I would seriously think about going back!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 am

I can agree with all comments being made here as having a Filipino wife I have seen first hand how some of these racist Thais think.

Only recently she was asked nicely if she could resume teaching at the weekends, something she had done with the said school in the past at 250 baht an hour. She said it was possible but the pay would have to increase to which the reply was that the pay per hour was going to decrease to 200 baht an hour. She asked how can that be?....she has been a teacher here for near on 7 years, has a high proficiency in the Thai language to go along with the 7 years of teaching experience in this God forsaken hole!!!

The reply was simple....albeit the experience and command of Thai..she was after all an ASIAN...and there's no way she was going to get what the FARANGS get per hour. (Something which that school will never do....employ a farang!!)

So as advised she told the other party to sweep.....it really is sickening hearing them with all their Buddhist, all respectful crap, Land of Smiles tourist line drivel....it's about time the Thais opened their eyes and smelt the heather. Ballchain
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 pm

So did she take that job Gillo??? I hope not... You should post the name of that school so we could all slag them off!!!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:07 pm

It's the little shithole next to what used to be Zeed but on the upper level...as for the name I have no idea.
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillo Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Reminds me of the time C-Not So Bright came looking for my services and sent me an all frills email regarding the workplace, hours etc which to their detriment stated that the ten minute break within the 1 hour period I would teach, would not be paid for.

The opportunity sprung up like a toad's erection on a hot clammy Autumn evening to reply with venom regarding how tight they were and how I wouldn't waste the petrol in my bike to travel there if they were going to get "keeneow" on ten minutes.

They never got back to me.... Admin
Gillo
Gillo
Hitman
Hitman

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Hahaha, that is good negotiation, she goes up, they go down, she left and they will hire a new filipino that will work for 200B pr hour... AND STILL GET THE STUDENTS!!! The world is not fair!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 pm

Gillo wrote:Reminds me of the time C-Not So Bright came looking for my services and sent me an all frills email regarding the workplace, hours etc which to their detriment stated that the ten minute break within the 1 hour period I would teach, would not be paid for.

The opportunity sprung up like a toad's erection on a hot clammy Autumn evening to reply with venom regarding how tight they were and how I wouldn't waste the petrol in my bike to travel there if they were going to get "keeneow" on ten minutes.

They never got back to me.... Admin

So they would pay you for 50 min and not 60 min? well if you got 10B pr hour that means in one day you would loose out on 1 hour work... Why did you not ask them about monthly payment or tell them that you wanted 500B pr class room hour??? Dumb as they might be, they might have gone for that!
I am amazed that you bothered to answer them the first time!!! You must have been bored at that time!
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down