The Nakhon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Rock 99 is still alive
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm by Gold member

» Twin Lotus Fushon
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm by Gold member

» Buddy Pub/Disco
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm by Gold member

» Casanova Disco
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm by Gold member

» Lifestyle - what's it like?
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm by Gold member

» McDonalds is in NST
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 pm by Gold member

» EP SOUTH RESULTS 2012
Aunang, Krabi EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm by Gold member

» Attacked outside D'Pelican
Aunang, Krabi EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am by Its Raining

» Tired and more tired
Aunang, Krabi EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm by Its Raining

July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Aunang, Krabi

2 posters

Go down

Aunang, Krabi Empty Aunang, Krabi

Post by Admin Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 am

Spent a weekend there the other week and was surprised at just how expensive the place is now, even more expensive than the tourist areas of Phuket. The hotel itself was reasonable, B1400 right on the beach road and only 15 metres from the sea. The rest of the place however was just silly, B1200 for a couple of Indian dishes, B110 for a small beer, B90 for a plain orange juice and B60 for a small bottle of Tiger Balm are just some examples. Those prices are touching 3x more expensive than good old Nakhon and are on a par with, if not more expensive than the UK!

During the high season I can half understand the 'rip off the tourist' mentality, it happens in a lot of other places too but to be charging stupid money when you are trying to attract people from the already small numbers just sounds like economic dumbness to me. No wonder the place was empty. And, as for Koh Lanta, did a quick circuit and that place was like a ghost town, plenty of buildings but hardly a soul to be seen.

It will be a while before I go back to either place.

Coffeewhacko
Admin
Admin
Assassin's Grim Reaper!

http://www.nakhonsrithammarat.com

Back to top Go down

Aunang, Krabi Empty Re: Aunang, Krabi

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Admin wrote:Spent a weekend there the other week and was surprised at just how expensive the place is now, even more expensive than the tourist areas of Phuket. The hotel itself was reasonable, B1400 right on the beach road and only 15 metres from the sea. The rest of the place however was just silly, B1200 for a couple of Indian dishes, B110 for a small beer, B90 for a plain orange juice and B60 for a small bottle of Tiger Balm are just some examples. Those prices are touching 3x more expensive than good old Nakhon and are on a par with, if not more expensive than the UK!

During the high season I can half understand the 'rip off the tourist' mentality, it happens in a lot of other places too but to be charging stupid money when you are trying to attract people from the already small numbers just sounds like economic dumbness to me. No wonder the place was empty. And, as for Koh Lanta, did a quick circuit and that place was like a ghost town, plenty of buildings but hardly a soul to be seen.

It will be a while before I go back to either place.

Coffeewhacko

I concur. I was there (Ao Nang) on the weekend and found it very expensive. Having said that, I would go back there as it is such a beautiful area.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowflake Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 am

I like Ao Nang... 
I have been there quite a few times, the shopping is good and the food they sell there is very good...I agree that they do tryt o rip you off sometimes, but if you buy your stuff at 7eleven, you get same price as here...Hotels are a bit more expensive but not stupid prices... If you go out for a night out you start to pay alot... Lucky for me, I do not drink beer so I can bring a bottle with me... However, if I have a night with Bacardis/Smirnoff bottles, I pay 180B+ for each bottle and I can easily have 10 of them.. so yes, it can be expensive...Cost VS what you get... I like the place, but since it is not that far from Phuket, I guess I would go over there for the extra food I can buy and take back home...
Snowflake
Snowflake
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down